Recent HCO Blog Posts
- International Pedigree Stage Stop Sled Dog Race
- Live in the Tetons: Fly Shop Help Wanted
- Getting an itch to travel? Book with JD High Country Outfitters – We are proud to announce our new affiliation with Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures!
- Want to Learn How to Tie Flies?
- 12/17 Fly Fishing Belize Book Signing
Meet our Team
JD High Country Outfitters is made possible by our fantastic team. Take a moment to meet our staff, and read about what makes them so great.
Fly Shop Manager
One of the best known modern fly tiers in the country, Scott started fly fishing and tying at the age of 12. He grew up in Salt Lake City and tested his self-taught skills on the trout of the Wasatch Front. At age 14 he taught his first fly tying class. Scott is responsible for many well-known patterns, such as the Double Bunny and the Convertible, among others. He is the author of three books – A New Generation of Trout Flies, Tying Saltwater Flies, and The Never-Ending Stream – a Tribute to Fly Tying Form and Function, in addition to numerous magazine articles, and is a regular contributor to American Angler magazine.
Maggie has been with us since 2009. A native of Alabama, Maggie fell in love with the Jackson area as a kid when her parents brought her out during summers. She now lives full-time in Jackson and gets out on the river every chance she gets. An early love of fly fishing led her to pursue degrees in Entomology and Poultry Science, making her our resident bug and hackle expert. Maggie now manages our clothing department.